Saturday, January 1, 2011

Thank you!


Dear Friends,

As 2010 comes to a close I want to take a moment to thank all of you who have supported me this past year with your prayers and finances. I have been so blessed to share in this work with you all.

As I look back and see how faithfully God has cared for me each month, I am truly amazed at his provision. I am growing in my understanding of God’s desire to have us look to him to meet our simple needs each day and be content with what he provides. He wants to protect us from the powerful lie in this culture that says “our piles of wants are actually needs”. God calls us to live simple lives knowing that it will keep us from the abject poverty that comes as the enemy robs us of the life we were meant to live, convincing us to chase the elusive security that is promised if we have everything we “need”. The economy we’re called to live in as followers of Christ is upside down as it calls us to be servants to all and give our lives away. It’s a life that offers great wealth in the midst of our simple lives as we experience a growing, intimate and dependent relationship with the Creator of the Universe and find the lives of purpose and freedom as we were created to live.

O God, I beg two favors from you;
let me have them before I
die.
First, help me never to tell a li
e.
Second, give me neither poverty nor riches!
Give me just enough to sat
isfy my needs.
For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, “Who is the
Lord?”
And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God’s holy name.

Proverbs 30:7-9

I continue to experience God’s Spirit at work in the lives of the women I meet with as they are drawn into deeper fellowship with Him, allowing His truth to reveal an eternal perspective for their lives. I have the privilege of watching the Lord call many of these women into exciting and powerful ministry in their own lives as they spend their treasures of time and love caring for others. Clearly, God is at work in the lives of his people!

This year God has also blessed me with a new “daughter”. Yeseul is a 16 year old girl from South Korea who has come to the States for high school. She has filled my life with laughter and shares a deep spiritual wisdom that is rare in someone so young. I am praying that God will use us both to pour His love into the lives of those around us.

As I begin this new year I ask you to pray that God will continue to use me in the lives of women and that I will trust him fully for all that I need for this life. Pray too that God will continue to pour his Spirit into the hearts of all his people as he equips us to build up the body of Christ and share God’s amazing story of redemption with those who don’t know it yet.

Thank you all for your love and support.

Set free to serve,

Jill Van Gordon

jvangordon@thetable.com

Support for this ministry can be sent to:

The Table

23215 SW Newland Road

Wilsonville, OR 97070

No comments:

Post a Comment